approx. 1,500 km - at least 6 driving days
A: Parque Natural Montes de Málaga
B: Parque Natural de las Sierras Subbéticas
C: Parque Natural Sierra de Baza
D: Parque Natural Sierra Mágina
E: Parque Natural de las Sierras de Cazorla, Segura y Las Villas
F: Parque Natural de la Sierra de Andújar
G: Parque Natural Sierra de Cardeña y Montoro
H: Parque Natural Sierra de Hornachuelos
I: Geoparque Granada
J: Geoparque Sierra Norte de Sevilla
Places with sightseeing
- Málaga - the birthplace of Picasso and a vibrant centre on the Costa del Sol with a thriving nightlife, wide beaches, imposing buildings and interesting attractions.
- Antequera - the heart of Andalusia with the fortress Alcazaba of Antequera in the fertile plateau of the Río Guadalhorce.
- Córdoba - the city of the caliphs with the UNESCO World Heritage Mezquita - a mix of mosque and cathedral - in the historic old town.
- Medina Azahara - palace city from the time of the Islamic occupation around 950 AD and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Almodóvar del Río - famous for its castle that towers high above the town.
- Baeza one of the most beautiful Renaissance city in Spain and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Cazorla - 4000 years of history characterise the little mountain town on the western edge of the Sierras de Cazorla Nature Park, which has been declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO.
- Jaén - world capital of olive oil, surrounded by countless olive groves.
- El Torcal - the karst formations formed over millions of years are among the most extraordinary natural sites in Europe and have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2016.
Between the tour stops mentioned above, there are numerous other exciting sights and natural landscapes.
There are traditional ventas (inns) all along the route. There is always plenty of time for a rest with delicious tapas, Spanish desserts, ice cream and drinks. Throughout the ride, there are plenty of opportunities for spectacular group photos. We decide individually at the numerous photo points when to allow the tyres to cool down.